HOW TO BUILD CREDIBILITY ONLINE: THE "MAGIC" TEN STEPS
By Craig Lock
I find this a most interesting and somewhat complex subject, as there has to be TRUST in any business relationship before any exchange is made. This can be quite difficult to achieve, when you have never met your customer (prospect) face to face in another part of the country...or even the world.
Having been on the www over five years, here are a few pointers that we find helpful in the online sales process:
1. Have your OWN DOMAIN NAME
(not expensive - less than $20 a year from www.000Domains.com
We have three of them at:
2. Offer GUARANTEES (money-back) on your products or services
3. Emphasize transaction SECURITY in the form of a secure payment system and a secure server.
4. OFFER TESTIMONIALS
Offer a Privacy Statement
6. Have CONTACT INFO on your web site. People then know to get hold of you, if they want further info... or if there is a problem (they do occur from time to time, but a problem is only an opportunity in disguise!).
7. Offer a BRIEF BIO - a little bit about yourself and how you are qualified to offer your product or service. This builds trust in your abilities.
8, Have a FEEDBACK FORM on your web site for visitors comments about possible improvements... and finally and most importantly,
9. BE YOURSELF IN YOUR WRITING (on your web site).
Just be YOU, when writing script on your website or in your ezine articles - write with absolute integrity and honesty. I try to use a bit of humour, as I believe reading a computer screen is really a very boring and sedentary (big word) activity; so the least I can do for the site visitor as a reward, is inform and try to entertain at the same time with doses of my "wacky/zany" humour. Hopefully it works!
10. "GIVE AND THOU SHALT RECEIVE."
GIVE FREE INFORMATION ... AND YOU WILL SURELY RECEIVE FAR MORE IN RETURN.
(Everybody has unique knowledge and expertise in certain areas - specialised skills, which can help others through SHARING). This is the basis of "the Golden Rule", the law of giving, which is the basis of all the religions of the world (I think!).
Follow all these steps and people then will be attracted to your web site and regular TRAFFIC is THE BASIS/KEY FOR/TO SALES), like bees to honey (that's a simile, by the way!).
I hope this "info" may be helpful to you in your internet marketing.
About the author:
Craig Lock has been successfully marketing products online for the past five years. Craig is a writer, who believes in sharing information, as well as encouraging and helping others to find their talents and gifts, to strive for and accomplish their dreams in life - whatever they may be.
Creative Writing Course
For interactive computer and internet coaching on CD, click on:
To get our Newsletter please Email:
THIS ARTICLE MAY BE FREELY PUBLISHED
"If you have knowledge, let others light their candle at it"
- Margaret Fuller