Plug 'n' Play E-zine Marketing
By Andres Munoz
Publishing an e-zine takes much more than just putting together a few articles and sending it out. In addition, marketing your e-zine with the aim of getting more subscribers does take a lot of work.
Firstly, lets look at 6 basic fundamentals to a professionally designed and written e-zine. Your e-zine must contain these characteristics for Plug 'n' Play E-zine Marketing to work.
1. Clear Design: In short stick to one design that should contain a masthead, personal introduction, table of contents and quality articles (the real meat of your e-zine).
2. Purpose: What is the purpose of your e-zine? Who are you trying to reach? Don't make your e-zine too broad in it's scope. You must zero in on a core target with a subject they will be interested in and cater to that need.
3. Personality: It's your job to make your e-zine unique. Offer unique information/content. In addition when you send it out personalize it with, "Dear Janet" instead of Dear Reader. Make your readers feel as if you are talking to them.
4. Content Quality: It's vital that you provide high-quality content for your e-zine to be a success. Limit the amount of ads you run to a maximum of 6-10. If you want to create a truly successful e-zine try to include the following: Informative articles, Helpful links, Useful tips and ideas and Free resources.
5. Reliability: Always deliver your e-zine on time and never send out duplicates.
6. Professionalism: Avoid careless mistakes in your e-zine such as spelling or grammar errors. Make your e-zine clean and professional.
If you publish free e-books allow those who download to subscribe to your e-zine. You will need to write some compelling copy that will tell why should they subscribe so spend some time in writing great copy. If your e-book becomes popular and a trusted source you will have a wave of new subscribers in no time.
You must also consider writing articles for others to use in their e-zines. This is often overlooked but extremely powerful tactic in gaining new subscribers fast. When writing your resource box, don't just point to your website but rather allow them to sign-up for your e-zine. If your article is the feature article in a publication going out to 50,000 subscribers just imagine the possibilities. If you need hordes of new subscribers fast then write articles and submit them often.
Another method in effective e-zine marketing is the use of ad swaps. For your ad swap to be effective, you'll need to seek out those e-zines that share more or less the same audience as your own.
The above tactics are unbelievably powerful when used as a one- two punch combination. Don't just adopt one tactic but use all of them. Plug 'n' Play E-zine Marketing or combination marketing are powerful tools that must be used to explode your e-zine opt-in list and blow your competition out of the water.
Copyright (c) 2002 Andres Munoz
Andres publishes the "MyBiz E-zine" newsletter featuring articles about Promotion, Internet Marketing and Home Business advice and tips. The MyBiz reader will receive an article rich e-zine with few ads. To subscribe visit http://www.mybusiness-resource.com and download your 6 free gifts.